Tuesday, July 7, 2009

TODAY, I REMEMBER cousin MICHEAL!

TODAY,I REMEMBER.........cousin MICHEAL!


WOW..........It really does feel like I've lost a family member with the lost of Micheal Jackson at the tender age of 50.

GONE to SOON.....leaving a whole in my heart for a special person who has touched my entire life: MICHEAL JOE JACKSON!


I remember first seeing U on the Ed Sullivan show with your brothers singing your heart out and sounding like an adult while doing so.What musical genius before my eyes. I was spell bound at your singing ability and went to bed overwhelmed.I was so glad MOM let me stay up to witness history................your story. Even at the tender age of 6 I knew I was witnessing something extaordinary.


I remember the pics of U on my bedroom wall of U and your brothers when you guys were called the Jackson 5.

I really thought U and I were going to marry some day.......................LOL! As did every other black girl.


I remember jumping rope with friends outside of the Eleanor Roosevelt projects in Bklyn, N.Y. in the 70's fighting over who loved U more and who was going to marry U first...LOL!


I remember dancing and singing to your music my entire life. Looking at the album covers for hours, reading the credits and lyrics so I could "feel" your genius.

The OFF THE WALL album moved me beyond and hold great memories for me.


I remember seeing U at the HOYT and SCHERMERHORN Brooklyn, NY train station.

U stood with your back to the few of us on the platform preparing to perform and shoot the video " BAD". As U suddenly turned with this intense look and went into the zone,I saw your new look( plastic surgery).

I gasped and said " He looks like a girl". U, unfortunately heard me and rolled your eyes directly at me and I was shocked at my own reaction. U immediately regrouped and went back into the zone( performance mode). It was musical magic from U as usual.

My statement was a knee jerk reaction to an unexpected image and hoped that I didn't hurt your feelings. I am so sorry if I did hurt your feelings.


I remember later dating and loving Jerome.............who was a dancer on the "BAD" video, who was very proud to have been associated with the project.


I remember being asked recently to work on this upcoming London tour to do makeup on the dancers and performers.I saw it as an opportunity to talk to U about: JESUS.

I saw it as a great opportunity to introduce the KING of POP to the KING of KINGS.... and to be part of your musical history.

ONLY GOD KNOWS BEST!


I do hope that U are with JESUS to experience eternal rest and peace.


I remember these and other times that your music and talent woved around my life and I say thank U for the genius............your uncomparable genius.


Thank U cousin Micheal.............U will always be family to me.

LOVE always,

REV. Cheryl